This post and the photos within it may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a commission at no extra charge to you.
Sunshine Blogger Award
Just, what is a Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award that a fellow blogger passes on to another blogger who has shown creativity and inspiration to others. The award is for bloggers who bring some sunshine to the blogging world. Nominations are a fantastic opportunity to pour out a little praise and appreciation to fellow bloggers. These bloggers have already paved the way or are helping clear the under brush off the path of feeling like you are in the wilderness of SEO, CTA, Opt Ins, Pixel issues and Alt Txt from strangling the life out of published post.
All I can think of to say is something that’s not quite adequate enough to have the honor of being nominated by TheOldSummersHome for this award, “It’s just thanks so much! I am so blessed to have great people like all of you in my life.”
The Award Criteria
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions your nominating blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 other blogs to receive the award.
- Write your own 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
- Let the bloggers you nominated know you did so via social media.
My answers for this Nomination
- What makes you get out of bed every morning? Coffee…yoga & Jesus – well in reverse order…
- Who or what has been your biggest inspiration for starting your blogging journey? Wow, I’m not sure. I had two separate pastor friends who told me I needed to write a book. One said, “God doesn’t even care what kind of book you write. It can be fiction, He just wants you to write.” I thought & prayed about it. Then I tried it. I got to chapter two on two totally different ones and that was that. During that time of trying and praying, something about blogging just kept coming up. I’ve figured out I’m a much better 500-1500 word girl. ADD does not give good thought process to a novel. I may string enough post together to pull a book from them one day, but I don’t see it happening, yet.
- Do you blog full time, side hustle or hobby? Well, I work at it pretty much full time. Most of my family considers me doing no more than a side hustle and pretty much so far it pays me like a hobby, LOL. I am a slllloooowwwww learner.
- What have you found most challenging with blogging? The things that really aren’t taught in the beginning. The things that it truly takes to make you successful in having a post rank with google and get noticed. Making the money isn’t my strong suit since I’m so picky about what I want my blog to look like, but I’m trying to make myself “get over it.”
- What is your favorite social media platform that we can follow you on? Dang, that’s REALLY hard to answer. I have favorite things about different ones. IG – is fast & easy (except stories for me that is…), Pinterest – Love to learn stuff from it and know that it is SUPER beneficial to bloggers, but you have to do your SEO ranking to make a great rich pin with visually appealing graphics, so there are a lot of floating parts to get a great pin. YouTube – takes for ever for me to pick a topic, film, edit a quality video, and SEO the crap outta it to ever go anywhere. Talking come naturally – so YT is the easiest, but listening to myself talk is the most painful.
- Do you have any secret talents we might not know about you yet? I can tie a cherry stem with my tongue.
- How long have you been blogging? A little over a year. February 26, 2018 was my launch date.
- Was writing always a passion of yours? Nnnnnnooooo. Still isn’t. My 10th grade English teacher should have retired years before she taught our class. Seriously! She retired at the end of that year. I skipped 11th grade, so the summer between 10th & 12th, I attended summer school for 6 weeks.11th grade English 9 months in just 6wks…. 3 weeks was spent on The Great Gatsby, most of that was watching the movie. Oh, and we watched Romeo and Juliet, too. Didn’t leave a lot for the teacher to teach. Half of my Senior year was spent on a full on crazy amount of work for the “Term Paper.” Which each step was thoroughly drafted, checked by classmates, grade for completion, not correctness, by the time the note cards, outline, rough draft of the rough draft, then the rough draft before the actual paper had to be turned in, that I made a 90. The next semester I had great friends who “helped me pass with an “A,” because they had an A (if you get my drift). But I was blessed to graduate a year early with more reason to live a good life than many others, because by the time I walked at graduation my baby girl was 3 months old.
- What is the most satisfying feeling you achieve through your blog? From the feed back I get back from my friends and readers; I am relatable and make folks feel like friends.
- From your experience what is your best tip/piece of advice for someone starting out new? Write a few post ahead of time, learn SEO, figure out if you want to make money & how. Know the details about pictures and size – load time matters.
- What is your number one must read/have post or course on your blog? My niches are all over the board. If you love travel – my Israel posts. DIY – The Play Kitchen, Cooking – Coconut Cake Recipe. Anything by the Southern Cabana Boy.
I really love the idea of this award and I wanted to tell you a bit more about each of the nominees I have chosen. (Don’t worry, when you make your own post you do not need to do this I just thought I would share some extra love.)
My Nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award!
Sheila – The Empty Next Life Sheila jumped into blogging about the same time I did. We found each other through some of the wonderful blog FB groups that that a few of these bloggers below started and run. We fast became friends. She has taught and helped me a lot. I am so thankful that we locked arms and have built our sites by encouraging and lifting one another. Sheila has had many obstacles that she’s overcome and gives of herself to others with words of encouragement and wisdom. Sheila’s pottery and LaLa life can be a part of yours in all of these locations: FB, Twitter, IG, Pinterest, YT
Suzy – SuzyOakley.com I’ve know this amazing lady for……sometime. Long before “blogs” were a thing. She has always had a terrific talent for the written word. I have long admired her discipline, convictions and desire to fully accomplish anything that the Lord lays on her heart. But not just accomplish, but to exceed above and beyond. She lends a hand or ear to all who need. I love this girl and am forever thankful He saw fit to have us cross paths and journey parallel routes together. You can follow her here: FB, Twitter, IG, Pinterest
Megan – The Strawberry Blondie Kitchen Megan has jumped into the friendship and mentor saddle just like we’ve know each other forever. Megan has been forthcoming with all information, ideas and wisdom that I’ve ever required. I know if they were located with in AR we would no doubt be weekend companions or afternoon pool warriors together. She is a warm weather, beach lover, too. If you are looking for a new recipe stop by Megan’s blog or catch her at any of these other location’s: FB, IG, Twitter, Pinterest
Stephanie – The Park Wife Stephanie is one of the first bloggers who I cam in contact with in person. She has been kind and very resourceful at putting me in touch with other bloggers who have change the game of blogging for me. She is quite the pioneer in many areas of women’s blogging, but that’s her story to tell. Worth the checking out. She is still head mentor at Megaphone Community and was instrumental in the founding of what is now know as Soapbox Influencer. She is a “real” park wife of Arkansas and does a great job of sharing that with us: IG – theparkwife
Sasha – Everyday She’s Sparkling – Sasha is one of the first blogger’s Facebook groups I found (Blogging Babes Collective) when I was trying to learn how to start a blog. She jumped right back on messenger with a live video to help me with several issues I was having. Sasha has become quite the boss. I love her heart for building and helping others! She has great freebies & some dope courses. IG, Twitter, Pinterest
Jenn – The Old Summers Home Jenn is a newbie on the blog scene pretty much too. We have bonded over issues & successes. Jenn is a DIY design babe. I love her simple yet elegant farmhouse spin she puts on everything she touches. Jenn has built her blog from scratch like many of us. She is always there to bounce ideas off of and trouble shoot with me. Her only fault is she lives where it’s WAY too cold for me to ever visit her…. Her style is worth you checking out though: FB, IG, Twitter, Pinterest
Cate – Sweet & Simple Life I love how she still interacts in her Facebook group to give advice and lend out advice. Becoming a Blogger Is the Cate’s group where I landed when I first started trying to find connections in this blog world. Knowledge is power and Cate is full of both. She can help you get to the next level in your blog business. I can’t wait to dig through her new Affiliate’s Program’s Master List. Twitter, IG
Kallee – Creative Southern Home Kallee has been on the food blog scene for a few years. She offers a tremendous amount of skills not only in the kitchen, but also in the game of sponsored post help. She is always willing to offer critics, ideas, and help. My blog game is much improved since she stepped in. Follow Kallee @ FB, IG, Twitter, Pinterest
Tammy – Midlife Milestones Tammy is a fun travel & lifestyle blogger. We met through several FB groups. Tammy is much like me in the fact that she wears many hats. She is currently under going a blog multiplication. Her being a travel agent is swelling, and that part is causing overcrowding of her lifestyle side. Keep in know and where to go by following her: FB, IG, Pinterest,
Lyndi – The Joy of Eating Well Lyndi has been so awesome to sow into me. #1 we knew we could get along right off because she is a lover of COFFEE!!! She is like a guru of all things podcast / courses / best thing to get the right answers. Lyndi can find the correct course of action on any issue. She has been food blogging for close to a decade. Loves to eat clean, and isn’t really a dessert girl. Lyndi is always looking for advantages to help others become better at what that do. She’s has a true talent for edification of other’s. A true ray of sunshine all the time. Keep track of Lyndi: FB, IG, Twitter, Pinterest
So here’s the deal, I have way more than 11 peeps who keep this train from derailing on a weekly, if not daily basis. And I want to give them a shout out! (You who are nominated for this award definitely don’t have to include this, but as for me, it was a must.)
Maria Ross – Drops of Jupiter for You – This girl right here is a cut from the same piece of cloth. We hit it off right off the bat!
Jennie Carfora – Failure to Thrive No More – Little momma has game for days! This girl has more going on in 24 hours, than most of us can manage in a week, maybe we should take notes.
Lana Pummill – Finding Inspiration In The Chaos – Lana is constant and hard working at building a great blog, this is the reason I want to be more like Lana.
Sonila Cami – Mediterranean Latin Love Affair – Talk about some fabulous food, jump on over to Sonila’s sight. She won’t disappoint.
Viki de Lieme – ParentsEnlight – All the way from Tel Aviv, Viki and I became acquainted after she commented on my Israel post. She new I had a heart for their nation. Therefore, I will be meeting her when I travel back there. Do I have to tell you how excited I am about this….
Questions for my Sunshine Blogger Nominees
- If you were offering advice to a brand new blogger what are the top 3 things that are a must know?
- When did you discover “blogs”?
- An all expense 10 day vacation ticket just arrive priority mail, where is the destination on the ticket?
- What is your “why” do you blog?
- Where do you see you blog being 5 years from today?
- Favorite form of social media & why?
- Tell me about your perfect day?
- Do you have courses, ebooks or training that you profit from? If yes, which type and what advice do you have on someone creating their own products?
- Who was your mentor when you started this whole blog thing?
- Where did you learn the best blog advice you’ve ever received?
- Yoga, lift weights, or cardio?
I realize some of you may have been nominated already, therefore if so I would still love to see your answers. Please share them in the comments below!
Happy Memorial Day y’all!
May God bless our country and all of our men & women who serve or have ever served this great nation. They have freely given their time & sacrificed so much so we can live like we do.
Feeling very Rhapsodyville blessed on this awesome Fearless Friday!