Southern Bloody Mary
A super spicy, wake-up tomato based cocktail that packs a real punch.
- 6 oz Bloody Mary Mix Zing Zang, Zatarain's Cajun Mix (Any will work.)
- 6 oz Vodka Rock Town, Tito's, Belvedere - These are our go to's.
- 2 Tblsp Olive*, Dill Pickle or Okra Juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/8 tsp Salt To taste. We like salt.
- 1 tsp Seasoning Salt Mix Dick Loehr's Seasoning, Tony Charterie's, Slap Yo Mama
- 1 or 2 Wedge Lime and/or Lemon Optional Garnish (use juice to wet rim for rimmer salt to stick, instead of just water.)
- 1 Piece Pickled Okra Optional* Garnish
- 2-3 Olives Optional* - Can vary in variety. Green is our usual. Jalapeno or garlic stuffed are prefered.
- 1 Stick Celery Optional Garnish
- 1-2 Spear/Baby Dill Pickle or Kosher Optional Garnish
- 1 Piece Pickled Baby Corn Optional Garnish
- 1 Piece Bacon (Fried Crispy) Optional Garnish
- 1-3 Pieces Boiled Shrimp Optional Garnish
- 1-2 Cherry Tomatoes Optional Garnish
- 2-3 Pearl Onions Optional Garnish
- 2 Tblsp Seasoned Rimmer Optional
- 6-8 cubes Ice
(Should you use the 24 oz tumbler you will want to increase oz of liquid to 8ozs, make seasonings heaping portions instead of level.) Wet rim and roll it in the rimmer of choice if you like. This step is totally optional. Start with adding alcohol over ice. Add in juice of choice (olive*, pickle or okra). Next come the spices. The tomato mix is last fill glass, leaving an inch from the rim to have room for garnishes. Serve with any combination or all of the above optional garnish items. Sometimes we use a lot (ALL), but I have used an asterisk* by the ones that I feel are a must or prefered.