This post and the photos within it may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a commission at no extra charge to you.
Here’s an easy delicious Pumpkin Cake that’s Semi-Homemade to jump into all that fall flavor. Nothing better than a warm cake with a good cup of coffee. This recipe was so simple that we threw it together in 10 minutes.
What’s better than an easy delicious Pumpkin Cake for breakfast?
Right? This was popped in the oven one Saturday morning and was ready to eat by the time we finished a second cup of coffee. I made it on the healthy side, so maybe it isn’t like just normal cake for breakfast…right? With two rights it can’t be wrong, LOL.
How to make an easy delicious Pumpkin Cake even better?
You can make anything better in my opinion when you add nuts, extra sugar and a little spice. The mix that I layered in the bundt pan was the perfect touch that took this recipe to a whole new level. It can be omitted or taken to an even new extreme by adding/substituting nuts, coconut, or mini chocolate chips.
No Icing Necessary
Since I chose to use the ingredients that I did in the center of the cake, I decided that I would not go “over the top” by adding icing. Although, over the top is sometimes amazing. If I were going to use this solely for a dessert I would consider using a thin drizzle type icing that would either be a cream cheese and powder sugar or chocolate espresso. Guess I should probably link a good recipe or make one right here, hum? Let me see what I can do about that.
Flavors that don’t have to be just for Fall…
Pumpkin is a flavor that doesn’t have to be just for fall. However, it does seem to be the one we wait for and go to. I have went out on a limb and fixed a pumpkin pie for Easter or just an after school snack (yes, I have that kid). Pumpkin is delicious all the time and healthy, too. I suggest that this be a recipe that you keep handy for anytime throughout the year, but since it is fall ~ enjoy y’all
If you happen to be looking for an adult fix to a pumpkin craving check out this Salted Caramel Pumpkintini.
- 1 Butter cake mix yellow or white alternatives
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup Water
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
Strussel in the Middle
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup Chopped Pecans Optional/additional: coconut, walnuts, mini chocolate chips
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Spray bundt pan with a nonstick baking spray or grease and flour it.
- Stir all the strussel ingredients together, set aside.
- Add banana & pumpkin in mixing bowl, mix till blended. Then add cake mix, eggs, water, cinnamon, and vanilla. Mix medium for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 of wet mixture into bundt pan. Add in strussel layer, then pour remaining cake batter mix on top.
- Pop it into a 350° oven for approximately 45 minutes. I would check it at 35 with at toothpick or touch. Some ovens cook faster, some slower. If it is a slower oven and the top starts to over bake, lay a piece of foil over the top. If could take up to 55 minutes to bake.
- Cool on rack and serve