This post and the photos within it may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a commission at no extra charge to you.
12 Signs Spring has Arrived
12 tell, tell signs that mean spring has arrived. When you live in the south there are a few things that mean spring is here, folks. Furthermore, if you live in Arkansas, some more than others on this list are a dead giveaway. Unfortunately, really more deadly than others are the storms that often produce tornadoes. We watch the spring storm reports pretty close around our house.
- Go get a pedicure – Feet have to be sandal ready!
- Take the pool cover off!!! – Love to look at my pool – without the cover and preferably AFTER it’s clean.
- Clean blinds and windows – Ugh, there’s no easy way. While there up? Outside with the hose and a scrub brush? In the bathtub? How do you clean yours?
- Plant a few new perennials – Bright colors please!
- Get the loungers & back porch season ready – Hose, scrub, wipe – repeat. Every year same ole’ thing.
- Swap sweaters out for shorts – Drawer space is coveted by the seasons
We’re half way there!
- Switch boot space for sandals – Boots go into their perspective boxes but can still be reached for a specific occasion or right outfit. Sandals take the shelf space over.
- Get all our big planters that are poolside pots out of storage & refresh them – We love color around the pool. So, whether we pick ones that bloom of just vivid foliage, they must love heat and full sun. We are careful with choosing the type of blooming plants. Can’t be big or often with being so close to the pool for cleaning purposes. The planted Mexican petunias give us a run for our money on keeping trash out….
We will see how these do. Watch for a later post where I’ll share how we did picking new finds from the clearance rack at Lowe’s and whether I can live with this awful spray paint job I did with 20 mph winds.
- Restock the bar – Need all the necessities for CB to make sure he can do his work. (More on this in a later post. I think it deserves its own!)
- Our plants burst to life. Blooms, lots & lots of blooms.
- Storms – Serious ones!!! Sometimes
- OFFICIALLY SPRING: When our “PET” hummingbirds arrive.
Now, if we can keep the sun shining, pool gleaming and the blender working; it looks like a very promising summer. I can’t wait till the Cabana Boy puts his “apron” on & the grill is filled. Tunes turned up Loud. Such a great mix/blend on a playlist. You might just be in the mood for boots with your bikini & big 80’s hair! We will be sharing several of these moments, I’m sure (well, kinda – no 80’s hair). Welcome to the Welch Way of life, at least in the Lil’ diva’s backyard.
Make sure your livin’ with plenty of rhapsody!