Smashing it with a Southern Cranberry Crush for the holidays OR anytime of the year. It just seems that cranberry seems to be a go to fruit right now. I have kinda just started having this real thing for cranberries. Glad they are good for us.
Crushing it with the Southern Cranberry Crush!
The only thing this Southern Cranberry Crush is going to actually crush is your taste buds with tangy, sweet, pizzazz of deliciousness! Speaking of crushing, this drink is perfect to be shaken, stirred, or blended into a frozen drink. I prefer to have mine shaken and served in a cocktail glass or served in a stemless wine glass over crushed ice.
The Crush in the Southern Cranberry Crush.
Orange juice is not the only citrus adding kick to this tasty cocktail. I hit it with a shot of Gran Gala. This liqueur adds something special to cocktails. I use this in many of the drinks that I concoct. When I fix a drink and it seems like something is missing I can sometimes add a little of this and it solves the missing ingredient most of the time.
Cranberry Juice Adds Juice #2
A mix of juices: Orange juice and 100% Cranberry juice are the two stars of the Southern Cranberry Crush cocktail show. The rest of the ingredients are all alcohol. Well that is except the simple syrup.
When is the Perfect Time for a Southern Cranberry Crush Cocktail?
This cocktail is great to add to any cocktail hour, compliment to appetizer buffet or charcuterie party. It’s also a zippy, refreshing drink that if you fill your flute half-way and a sparkling wine of choice it would even make a great brunch accompaniment. Might be a perfect updo or replacement instead of just a regular mimosa.
Cheers Y’all! It’s Cocktail Time!
Will it be the Southern Cranberry Crush or another?
Let me know if you choose it for a cocktail, brunch, or both!?!?!
It works for me anyway and/or all of the above.
Make sure that you check out some of my other cocktails.
I promise they won’t disappoint:
Please, for the love y’all, don’t drink too much AND Don’t EVER drink and Drive.
But always have a RedneckRhapsody good time! You must remember we are never promised tomorrow so live every minute in your version of Rhapsodyville!
Southern Cranberry Crush
- 4 oz 100% Cranberry Juice (not cocktail juice) IF you do get the Cocktail Juice one it has sugar, so I would refrain from using the simple syrup. You can not control how sweet it gets with this.
- 3 oz Orange Juice You can buy or fresh squeeze for amazing flavor!
- 2 oz Whipped Vodka Plain may be subbed
- 1 oz Gran Gala
- 1 oz Triple Sec
- 1/2 – 1 oz Simple Syrup Equal parts water/sugar, brought to boil, refrigerated ahead. This can be stored in air tight container for up to 3 wks. I use this in a lot of my recipes.
- 1/2 c. Fresh Cranberries (Optional) Should be washed & frozen ahead of time.
- 2 – 4 slices Fresh Oranges (Optional) Garnish Slice in halves or wedges.
- Add all top 5 liquid ingredients to a shaker or 24 oz glass, jar, bowl.* Pour into martini or any glass you prefer for serving. I add frozen cranberries to keep chilled and look spot on. Add a slice of orange to rim to top it off! For a little more sweet rimming the glass with sugar would work, too!*This could be blended to make it a frozen/slush type if you prefer. I do suggest you freezing some of your juice ahead of time if you want this to not to have a water down flavor.